21 May 2020
We are al keeping our fingers crossed that racing will resume on the flat at the beginning of June. We have to hope that this will be the case, but there has been no definite confirmation that it does. The indications are there but it will be down to Government.... We won't restart unless 'Phase 2' goes ahead.... I am sure the flat racing community are getting very restless now, but hopefully theyt have not got long to wait.
Things continue to be uquiet here. The Summer jumpers are back and cantering aiming to be ready for July. Fanfaronade, Dariya, Thinque Tank and Jamacho could all have a run on the flat in early June if they get in. It might be worth waiting a week until it has all calmed down slightly....
This quiet period has been made much easier by the fantastic weather we are all having.... It does make it so much easier working in the sun and the horses love being in the field all day. But we do need a little rain just to help the courses and encourage the grass to grow. We do not want to run out of grass!